What Am I Reading Wednesday (7/26/2017) + Puppy Love

It's time for another What Am I Reading Wednesday! No, we're not talking about "Official and Confidential" yet, I'm still working my way through that one!

Title: “Jack & Jill”

Author: James Patterson

First Reading: Yes.

Initial Impression: Wow, an Alex Cross novel that I actually haven't read yet!

Final Thoughts: This was the perfect suspenseful travel read!

I love the newly redesigned cover!

As many of you already know, we recently took a trip to Mexico, and what better author to bring along while traveling than James Patterson?

My longtime readers will (possibly) remember my foray last year into Patterson's Masterclass and the subsequent co-author competition. For those who are interested, I included some biographical information in my post series on my experience with the entire class and contest process.

(And no, I didn't win. If I had there'd probably still be a large banner plastered across the blog homepage proclaiming the news to one and all! Or maybe I would have made a more sophisticated announcement, who knows?)  

Interestingly enough I had a different James Patterson novel packed up in my suitcase, but found this one in the little "take a book, leave a book" corner of the main hotel lounge. I've always loved the character Alex Cross, ("Along Came A Spider", anyone?) and was pleasantly surprised to find a Cross novel that I hadn't read yet.

As always, we are spoiler free here, but I will say this is now my favorite Alex Cross book! The recurring challenges facing the famous detective, combined with the high-profile nature of the also-titled Jack & Jill murders, made this both a familiar Alex Cross novel and a political thriller.

Now I need to find another book corner or Little Free Library to leave my copy at for the next reader!
 
*****

On another note, I feel proud of myself for sticking with my Q3 post schedule so far, things have been a little crazy around our house the last couple of months. Not long after we returned from our trip, we ended up adopting a third pup into the family!

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen my two grown furry children, Harley and Mya, and now we have Sam! From what our vet can tell, this little 10 month-old nugget is most likely a pit bull and beagle/hound mix. And yes, he is as sweet and squishy as he looks!

Sam's first trip to a restaurant!
So far he's done wonderfully with everyone he's met!

This was a rescue situation where he was nearly a year old but was still un-neutered, not house or crate trained, (thank all the gods that happen to be listening that we're going to rip up our old carpet soon!) and he had a small umbilical hernia, most likely caused by improper/backyard breeding practices.

Now, Sam I Am has made it safely though his neuter and hernia surgeries, is working on basic obedience/crate training, and hasn't had an accident in the house in over a week! 

Small, Medium, Large! I swear I didn't pose them this way!

By the way, a little pro-pet parenting tip: After replacing a king-sized duvet for the second time, I finally learned my lesson. Keeping an old sheet on top of your bed when the pups have access to it will save your comforter from much wear and tear!

Comments

Popular Posts