Writing Resources: Have Your Cake & Read It Too

Hey! How about a new Writing Resources post?

Let's talk about the absolutely hilarious and informative blog: Have Your Cake and Read It Too!

Have Your Cake & Read It Too is the blog of USA Today Bestselling romance novelist Erin Knightley. If that name sounds familiar, you've already seen one of her books on my 2017 TBR List!

This blog chronicles Erin's journey from newbie writer to (traditionally) published author, sprinkled along with way with funny anecdotes and delicious baking recipes. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it)  her increasingly busy writing schedule forced Erin to discontinue the blog in 2015, but there is still five years' worth of knowledge available for anyone curious to know how a successful writer set and achieved her goals.

In fact, this blog is what first gave me the push to start entering my own writing into competitions, and now I have my first short story being published this summer!

Note: I absolutely recommend starting at the beginning and working forward.

I won't be doing a bio on Erin here, we'll save that for when her book "The Duke Can Go to the Devil" is featured on What Am I Reading Wednesday. However, if you're interested in learning more now, she has an official website which includes updates, her full list of published works, and other helpful links.

PS - Did you know, she's also co-authored two Book Shots with James Patterson?!

I'd love to know, what writing/author blogs have you found the most helpful? Are there any that either inspired you to pursue your writing goals or try a medium/contest/outlet you hadn't considered before?

Comments

Popular Posts