2017 Reading List (Update 2/20/2017)







Oh, look! More books!

Tom Clancy is one of those prolific authors whose books have always been in the back  of my mind, and certainly on my ongoing To Be Read list, but I hadn't been able to dive into any of his series yet.

On Valentine's Day, the husband and I celebrated by having a Harrison Ford marathon ('90s era only, because let's face it, Star Wars is it's own marathon!) and some pretty fantastic carne asada tacos. Included in this marathon were the movies "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger", (also "Air Force One" - "Get off my plane!") and seeing those films stirred up my interest in finally reading Clancy's novels. So, in an effort to at least read the Jack Ryan series, it's going on the 2017 TBR List!

We'll start with the first five in the series, not necessarily in order by publication date, but in the order in which they occur in the storyline:


Without Remorse cover.jpg - Without Remorse, by Tom Clancy (The first in the Jack Ryan series, although it wasn't published until nearly 10 years after Clancy's first novel.)
PatriotGames.JPG

- Patriot Games, by Tom Clancy (One of my favorites from the Valentine's Day Harrison Ford marathon!)














Red Rabbit cover.jpg- Red Rabbit, by Tom Clancy (Seeing a pattern here?)


















HuntForRedOctober.JPG - The Hunt for Red October, by Tom Clancy
(The book that started it all!)

















CardinalOfTheKremlin.JPG- The Cardinal of the Kremlin, by (Yep, you guess it!) Tom Clancy
(I feel like I remember my dad having a copy of this one on his nightstand for years. I wonder if he still has it?)















Update complete! I'll add in the rest of the books in the series as we go.

So, tell me, is there a series you're looking forward to tackling this year? Always looking for recommendations!



Comments

Popular Posts