QUARTERLY GOALS: 2019 Review & 2020-Q1 New Goals

Hello Writing Desk Readers,

There has been some great response to last week's post on what we can do to assist those affected by the Australian Bushfires, and I hope it helped to narrow the field for anyone looking to donate/share towards this cause!

For today's post, I'll be wrapping up my biggest goals completed in 2019, and listing my new goals for the first quarter of 2020.

***** 


Accomplished Goals of 2019:

1) I FINISHED MY BOOK! (Apparition)
2) Sent Apparition out on the first round of agent queries!
3) Started researching for the sequel to Apparition.

That's it, those are the main goals I'm focusing on from last year. Considering it took me two years to complete the first draft of Apparition, the fact that I was able to re-write the entire thing in less than a year is pretty awesome.

*****

2020-Q1 Goals:

1) Maintain my new 2020 blog calendar and plan weekly blog posts for the rest of the quarter.
2) Finish research for the sequel to Apparition. (Working title: Lily's Story)
3) Finish re-working the plot outline for Lily's Story, based on changes made during the re-write of Apparition.
4) Write the first 10,000 words of Lily's Story. (It's possible I could go beyond this word count goal, but I'm going to start small since I still have some research and plotting to finish.)
5) Plan at least 5 author/writing industry professional interviews. (If you have a suggestion, please let me know!)
6) Start the What Am I Reading Wednesday posts again! (Seriously, I've been reading as much as I normally do. I just haven't put the WAIRW posts together. I think one WAIRW post a month is perfectly doable.)

*****

What are your goals for the start of the year? What accomplishment from 2019 are you most proud of?

Remember, these goals don't have to be huge. It can be something simple like, making yourself a To-Do list each morning, or taking an hour each day to read or do some other activity that you enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts