QUARTERLY GOALS: 2018-Q1/Q2 Review & 2018-Q3 New Goals

Since we're drawing to the end of another quarter, I thought I'd get a head start on my goals for Q3! If you've been following along with my Quarterly Goals progress this year, you'll know that things have been a little rocky. With that in mind, I'm determined to get a better handle on things for the third quarter. 

Let's go!



2018-Q1/Q2 Goals:

1) Publish the first installment of my YA sci-fi novella, Grave Diggers, in March 2018. I'm so excited to share this story with everyone, and I'd love your feedback on if you'd like to see it turned into a full-length novel!  
- DONE! Not only did I publish the first chapter, I planned out the publication schedule for the entire novella. (See: Goal #2)

2) Finalize a set update schedule for Grave Diggers. Should it be weekly? Bi-weekly? Whatever the decision, I'll be posting the schedule here on the blog, so readers can know what dates to expect new installments. 
- DONE! I reviewed (and in a couple of cases, rewrote) and published all ten chapters of Grave Diggers over as many weeks.

3) Resume work on Book Project #1 (I'm horrible at titles, so that's what we're going to continue calling it for now) and complete the first draft by mid-Q2. I'm giving myself a little cushion here, mostly because I want to go back through the outline and re-work a few things.  
- This was, unfortunately, not done. Based on the experience I've had this year with trying to make the word count I set for myself, I've decided to try a new approach. We'll go over that more in the Q3 goals.

4) Find at least one writing/book convention or retreat to attend this year. Suggestions are welcome! 
- I'd say this is half-done. I've researched a few options, but I'm still deciding which to attend. 

5) Continue to pre-plan weekly posts for The Writing Desk Blog. This includes the monthly author/writing industry interviews.  
- This is an ongoing goal, but I'm counting it as DONE for Q1 and Q2.

3.5 goals out of 5! How did everyone else do with their Q2 goals?


2018-Q3 Goals:

1) For my new writing approach, I'm taking (yet another) page out of author Jenna Moreci's book. She lays out her writing goals in page numbers, versus word count. I've decided to give this a try and compare it to the word count goal method I was using before. 

2) Make a decision on writing/book conference or retreat, and book it on the calendar.

3) Schedule remaining monthly author/writing professional interviews for the rest of the year. 

4) Sort through my recent short story ideas, finish at least one, and submit to publications. 

5) Continue to pre-plan weekly posts for The Writing Desk Blog. Particularly, including a What Am I Reading Wednesday post at least every other week. Along with this goal, I'd like to continue holding one giveaway per month!   


What are your goals for this upcoming quarter? How do you plan to stay on track? Let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts