2018 TBR List (Update 5/17/2018) + What Happened to My Q1 Goals

Good Evening, Writing Desk Readers!

I figured it was about time for a new 2018 To Be Read (TBR) update. The following books have now been added to the list:

The Midnight Line, by Lee Child
(Saw it, read the back cover, had to have it. Enough said.)
















Imber, by Tyffany Hackett
(Due out on June 12, 2018, Imber is the first book in Tyffany Hackett's Thanatos Trilogy. Tyffany and I connected during #MarchLitWrit, and I'm excited to read her debut novel!)














The Woman in the Window, by A.J. Finn
(I first saw this one on @crimebythebook's Instagram page. I was curious if this was going to be another "Gone-Girl-on-a-Train" scenario, so we shall see.)















Luckiest Girl Alive, by Jessica Knoll
(Another impulse purchase. I seem to be making a lot of those lately when it comes to books. And workout leggings...but that's another story.)



















Founding Feuds, by Paul Aron
(After reading Killer Debt and George Washington: A Life in Books, I'm still on my American Revolution kick. I also feel the need to sprinkle in a few nonfiction books between all of the others I read.)














*****

Now, a brief explanation about what is going on with my Q1 Quarterly Goals.

There have been a lot of outside factors affecting my writing goals so far this year, not the least of which including my grandmother's passing and the medical procedure I had to have last month. So, I decided to cut myself some slack and absorb Q1's goals into Q2.

Whatever your passion is, it can be hard to accept when there are things you truly want to accomplish but the outside world creeps in and slows you down. What I have to remind myself, is that it's okay to take a step back and give myself more time. It's okay to say: Hey, I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be this quarter, but I can still meet the goals I've set for myself.

How about you, Writing Desk Readers? Did you crush your Q1 goals, or are you in the deadline extension boat like me? Either way, we've got this! 

Comments

Popular Posts