My New TBR Display

I don't know how the rest of the world keeps track of their To Be Read (TBR) lists, but for many years mine consisted of books piled all over the place, or random scraps of paper with titles written on them filling up a desk drawer.

After starting The Writing Desk Blog, I began to use it as a way to digitally keep track of my reading goals. Posting my list for the world to see has, believe it or not, helped a great deal with keeping track. Something still felt a little off, though, which brings me to the latest development in my search for the ideal TBR set-up.

Behold the new TBR display!

I've decided to 'display' on the mantle the copies of the books I actually own that are on the TBR (ebooks and books rented from the library notwithstanding) and will, hopefully, be able to watch the progress as the display changes with each book read or new book added. Once I've finished a book, I'll add it to the shelves in my office where most of them normally stay. I'm not reading them in any particular order. I also still believe that if you start a book and feel like you need to move on to something else that it's perfectly fine. You can always come back to the one you had to put down.

What about you, Writing Desk Readers? How do you keep track of your To Be Read list? What works best for you? Do you need some kind of order, or do the books pile up around the house? The great thing about being a reader is, there's no wrong answer!

Comments

Popular Posts