2017 TBR Wrap-up + Start of the 2018 TBR List!

Happy New Year, Writing Desk Readers!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe time ringing in 2018. I know my evening was spent on the couch with several fireworks-shy puppy dogs and a Harrison Ford movie marathon. (Think films like The Fugitive and A Clear and Present Danger. The Star Wars movies are their own marathon!)

Not a bad way to send off 2017!

Party animals!

I thought the best way to start a new year on the blog would be to re-cap how I did with my 2017 TBR (To Be Read) list, and share my reading goals for 2018.

Total number of books on the 2017 TBR List: 60
Total number of books read in 2017: 29

So, just under half of the goal I'd set for myself. That's actually more than I expected. 2017 was a busy year for me, new job, first short story publication, house remodeling. My reading time was severely impacted.

And I won't lie, a few of the books from my 2017 list didn't get read because I lost interest in them. That's not to say I won't pick them up and enjoy them at a later date. Do you ever feel you have to be in the right mood for certain genres? I certainly do.

Let's move on to a new year, and a new list!

Those of you who read my Holiday 2017 Book Haul post will have already seen the first six books on my 2018 list:

Origin, by Dan Brown
Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas
The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkein
Patriot Games, by Tom Clancy (Started today!)
House of Cards, by Michael Dobbs
George Washington: A Life in Books, by Kevin F. Hayes

Like last year, I'll update the list five books at a time and will keep a running count of read books with each update.

How about you all out there in blog land? Have you started your TBR lists for this year? Which books are you looking forward to the most?


  


Comments

Popular Posts