I'm Taking A Digital Detox

My Dear Writing Desk Readers,

I have decided that I will be taking a digital detox week.

Starting tonight (1/29) at 8:00pm, I will be completely offline (other than when I need to use my laptop for my day-job). There will be no blog or social media updates for the rest of the week, and I will only be answering phone calls/texts/emails when absolutely necessary or in the event of an emergency.

Any writing will be done the old fashioned way - paper and pen.

A coworker of mine actually did this last year, and when their week was up they were amazed. Not only had they been much more productive (both personally and professionally) during that week than they had in the entire month prior, but they also felt a steady feeling of relaxation after disconnecting from the digital world for a little while.

I'm sure I'll have to remind myself not to check my Instagram and Twitter feeds. If I get an idea for a new blog post, it's just going to have to go down on a sticky note for later.

When I'm not working, I plan on doing whatever comes to mind! If I want to read, I'll plop down with a book. If I want to take a walk, then I'm headed outside. If I have a hankering to see a play or go enjoy a meal by myself...well, you get the idea.

So, I hope everyone has a fantastic week. Take some time for yourselves to do something that brings you joy, and I'll be back next Monday (2/5) to catch up and share my digital detox experiences!

Comments

Popular Posts