My First Short Story Has Been Published!

Happy Saturday!

With everything that's happened this week - my first short story publication (!), family visiting from out of town, contractors in and out of the house as we prepare for a much needed remodel, Sam the puppy finally healing from his hernia surgery - I needed to take a step back from blogging for a few days.

It's so pretty!
But now, I'm back and ready to go!

Carolina Crimes: 21 Tales of Need, Greed, and Dirty Deeds was released on Monday (7/31/17), featuring my story "Set Them Free, If Need Be". Those of you who stick with me on Instagram will have already seen me gushing about my first publication!

My friends, family, and the husband have been so supportive of my during this entire process. From submitting my story for consideration for the anthology, to going through edits and galleys, and the waiting game that is publication.

Now, here we are! I can actually hold the book in my hands, flip to page 117 (*hint hint*) and read my own writing in print.

How amazing is that?

Pretty amazing.


*****

A single Elvis 45 on a groovy kid's player!
 In other (random) news, I had to share this pretty cool thing  my mom brought me this week.

 Not long ago, I was given (among other things) a portion of  my grandparents' record collection and all of the letters they  wrote to each other while they were dating. (We'll talk about    the letters soon, they are too wonderful!) Unfortunately, the  only record player I own is a 1930's era Victrola that can only  handle gramophone records and these are all 33 and 45 LP's.  My mom said she had a record player at her house I could  have, so I thought: Great! Wonder what kind it is?

 Turns out, it's a 1970's Fisher Price "kid's version" record  player! I'm assuming it was made for a specific brand of  record, but it's playing these just fine!

 I really can't wait to share more about the letters here on the  blog. But first I need to read all of them, there's two shoe  boxes full to go through!

Wish me luck!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts