It's Time for a Writing Challenge! (#ChanceChallenge 2017)

I'm entering a writing challenge!

Who's with me?

Those of you who have heard of events like NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), whether you've participated before or not, will be familiar with the concept of a writing challenge. The idea is to reach a word count goal within a specific time window. Often this is done with a group of other writers so everyone can encourage and keep each other accountable.

(Source: www.kimchance.com/blog)

YA Author and Youtuber Kim Chance has announced she will be hosting her first (of hopefully many!) Chance Challenge, from September to October, 2017.

Kim Chance (Source: www.kimchance.com)
Participants in #ChanceChallenge 2017 will be able to connect and keep track of progress via the free platform www.MyWriteClub.com. Full instructions on how to sign up can be found on Kim's website.

The word count goal is up to each writer. For example, Kim has set herself a 50,000 word goal, starting from square one. I myself have created a 49,000 word goal, to add on to the 11,000(ish) words I currently have for my Book Project #1.

Did I also mention this will be the first writing challenge I've ever participated in? That's right! I'll admit, I've never written this many words in such a short amount of time. But if I manage to reach my goal, or even come close to my goal, you can bet I'll be doing these challenges a lot more often!   

By the way, Kim's first novel "Keeper" will be available in January 2018, and is now on pre-order! After watching her progress as an author via her Youtube channel over the last year, it's so encouraging to see a debut author achieving her goals.

Have any of you ever been involved in a project like this before? If so, what was your experience and did you utilize the feedback of your fellow participants?

Behold: My goal for Book Project #1!

Who else would like to join me in this challenge? Let me know if you sign up and I'll be sure to follow you on www.MyWriteClub.com!

Comments

Popular Posts