Exciting Things Are Happening + Good News for "Vampire Chronicles" Fans

Happy Friday!

This post is mostly about housekeeping. I've suddenly found myself with several irons in the fire, and I couldn't be happier about it!

(We'll be talking about the "American Gods" premier this weekend, never fear!)

No, that's not me. But it accurately describes how I'm feeling!
While they've already been planned out, the posts for the next week or two might be a bit sporadic. Why, you ask? (Because why wouldn't you be curious?) Well, it's because I am preparing to start a brand new job!

That's right, I'm on the move! This wasn't an easy decision, to leave my current job for a new opportunity, but I know now that I've made the right choice. So please bear with me as I settle in and get into the groove with my new schedule.

Now, a quick update on those Quarterly Goals I've decided to tackle! I can't give much away, but I will say that Book Project #1 is coming along more smoothly than I thought it would. Thanks, in large part, to my amazing critique group. I'm nearly done with the full outline and have already sent them a few teaser pages!

We'll cover the rest of the goals at the end of the quarter, but I did want to throw this idea nugget out. I'm toying with a new idea for the blog, which would give everyone a chance to actually read some of my writing on a regular basis. Can you guess what it is? There are still several details to work out, but I plan to announce this project soon, and I hope you will all be as pumped as I am, my dear Writing Desk readers!

*****

So, what's this good news mentioned about the "Vampire Chronicles"?

In case you're not familiar with Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles" book series, (what rock have you been hiding under?), you might have at least seen the two movie adaptions that have been made based on the novels. 'Interview with the Vampire' was released in 1994, and 'Queen of the Damned' in 2002.

But we're not here to talk about the movies. We are here to share that there is now officially a "Vampire Chronicles" television series in the works!


(Source: Anne Rice official Facebook page)
The announcement was made on Anne Rice's social media platforms in late April, 2017. She will be partnering with her son, Christopher Rice, and Anonymous Content on the project. (My returning readers will have seen Christopher Rice featured here on the blog!)

Anne and Christopher hosted a Facebook Live video yesterday to answer fans' questions about the potential for the series, which you can view (HERE). They covered everything from possible casting choices, to which network might carry the series, to how the characters will be adapted for television. I'll continue to update as more information on the show is released!


This concludes our housekeeping post for the day. Keep an eye out for (finally) the "American Gods" series premier reaction post this weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts