2017 Reading List Update - Business Edition

Hello friends!

Welcome to the 2017 Reading List Update - Business Edition!

It's no secret to anyone familiar with the writing/publishing community that a writer has to wear many different hats. Writer. Marketer. Self-publisher (even if you go the traditional route, you're still very much involved in the process). Promoter. Salesperson. Accountant.

I could go on, but you see my point.

So, in an effort to bulk up my knowledge in these areas, I've created a business sub-category for the 2017 TBR. Included in this are the few non-fiction/writing books I've listed in the previous TBR updates. If anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know!


"How to Make a Living With Your Writing", by Joanna Penn (I've been wanting to start Joanna Penn's podcast for a while now, maybe I need to start a TBH (To Be Heard) list!)





















"Writing the Paranormal Novel", by Steven Harper
(This one was recommended to me by a fellow writer. As many of you already know, I'm currently in this midst of Book Project #1, which happens to have some supernatural/paranormal leanings. Very excited to see what Harper recommends for this genre!)



















"Getting Things Done", by David Allen
(Another recommendation, who doesn't love organization and productivity?)





















"Outlining Your Novel", by K.M. Weiland
(While I do have an outlining process that I use, I'm always interested in learning different techniques, seeing what works for me and what doesn't.)



















"Million Dollar Productivity", by Kevin J. Anderson
(With my new work schedule, this is the perfect opportunity to make the most of my writing time. If Book Project #1 is to have a chance of getting finished, (and also titled...leave me alone, I hate coming up with titles), in the time frame I've set for myself, this will be key.)


Comments

Popular Posts