2017: The Year of Stephen King + "The Dark Tower" Trailer

2017 is quickly becoming the year of Stephen King movies and television series. While a full list of all of King's works slated for production for the big and small screens can be found here, (and believe me, there are quite a few!), the ones confirmed for 2017 include the "IT" remake, "Mr. Mercedes", "Gerald's Game", "1922", "The Mist", and, of course, "The Dark Tower".
Source: Stephen King's official Twitter page.

I'm especially excited about "The Dark Tower" film, staring Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey, due out in theaters on August 4, 2017.

Returning Writing Desk readers will know that we've already talked about "The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger" in March on What Am I Reading Wednesday. With the success so far of the adaption for the "American Gods" series, (we all know how nervous I was about that one), not to mention the many successful films and TV shows that have been made based on King's work, I'm feeling good about the potential for this one. I wasn't able to confirm how many movies are planned for this series, (if anyone knows for sure, please fill me in!), but from what I can tell they'll be pulling elements from more than just the first novel for the debut film.

Below is one of the trailers for "The Dark Tower". Are there any other Stephen King fans out there looking forward to this movie? How do you feel so far based on the trailer?

Enjoy!







Comments

Popular Posts