A Sneak Peek + A Housekeeping Note + A New Jenna Mo Video!

Today we're going to do something a little different.

There is no possible way for me to give you a "sneak peek" of next week's What Am I Reading Wednesday book without giving the whole thing away. So, I'm going to give you a clue from the novel instead!

Ready?

Your  clue is: A pewter owl.

Giving credit where credit is due, I believe this little guy is for sale on Amazon:
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pewter-Badge-Brooch-Gift-Scarf/dp/B001VVGPAG)


Now, I realize this makes it MUCH harder to guess the novel than if you had a snippet of the book cover, so I'll throw this in as well: The book is of the mystery/suspense variety, and if anyone is able to guess the novel before next Wednesday's post, I will send you a copy of the book as a prize!

If you were with me when I got the book a couple weeks ago (you know who you are) please give everyone else a chance to guess!

On to our housekeeping note:

As my returning readers know, I always start my What Am I Reading posts with my first impressions of each book. Recently, I was asked if I'd considered giving my final impressions as well once I'd finished. Is this something others would like to see? I know I typically post the books as I'm reading them, however, I'd be willing to either a) Include a follow-up post once I've finished the book, or b) Wait until I've finished reading the whole thing before making it a What Am I Reading book.

Thoughts?

And last, but not least, I wanted to share with everyone the latest writing video from Jenna Moreci!

I've featured Jenna here on The Writing Desk before, both as an author and as a writing resource. I highly recommend her YouTube channel for writing advice, (Some language NSFW if that's something you have to worry about, just use your headphones. You were warned.) as well as her experiences in self-publishing/marketing her work.

Her most recent video was especially helpful for me as I'm getting back into my writing groove and preparing for my first short-story publication, so I thought I'd share it here.

Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts