Happy Halloween! (October Wrap-up)

Happy Halloween, Writing Desk Readers!

October is always a busy month for me, now made even busier by navigating the query process and starting on the sequel to Apparition. So, let's have a quick October recap!

Source: Pixabay

Research & Outlining: I'm on track with my research and outlining/plotting for the sequel to Apparition. There's also the day-trips I've got planned to a Civil War site and a Civil Rights museum. 

Query Updates: I'm still deep in the query trenches. I've received some feedback, which I'll detail in another post, and I'm tracking all of my open queries via a spreadsheet that I'd be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Writing Day: I got to spend the day writing alongside a group of other authors! The day was hosted by fellow writer and previous What Am I Reading Wednesday guest, Erin Knightley.

Birthday: I celebrated my birthday this month! Growing up, I took full advantage of having an October birthday and had a costume party nearly every year. Of course, this year I was happy to have a nice dinner with friends!

Chocolate panna cotta!


Halloween Photo Shoot: A friend of mine and her family dress up and take a themed Halloween photo each year. This year, they needed volunteers to join in! To celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the passing of the 19th Amendment and U.S. women gaining the right to vote, the theme was: The Suffragette Movement.

"We're clearly soldiers in petticoats..." (Mary Poppins)
***

I hope everyone who is celebrating Halloween has a fantastically spooky (and safe) night! If you don't celebrate, I hope you enjoy this lovely fall evening! I'll have more time to keep the blog updated as we move into November, and I look forward to updating everyone on my query progress.

Comments

Popular Posts