2017 Reading List (Ongoing)

I know I promised a "To Be Read" list, and I shall not disappoint! This list is ongoing, so I'll be sure to update as new books are added. I'm always open to recommendations, so please feel free to comment below with any suggestions!

For the sake of brevity, I'm only going to include the first ten books on my list so far. You'll notice right away that not all of these novels are recently published, there's even one tucked in there that I've read before but always enjoy reading again. There are so many new novels published each year, whether through traditional, indie, or self-publishing, that I'm probably always going to be a bit behind.

But, you know, I don't mind at all.

And now may I present, in no particular order, The Writing Desk 2017 TBR List:


- Killing Lincoln, by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard (Almost done with this one! It even made an appearance on last week's What Am I Reading Wednesday.)  





















- The Snow Garden, by Christopher Rice (After reading both of Rice's supernatural thrillers last year, I'm looking forward to starting on his list of crime and suspense novels.)    




















- American Gods, by Neil Gaiman (Because I always end up reading at least part of this book every year, plus the TV show produced by Starz is starting soon!)





















- Prince Lestat, by Anne Rice (So excited to dive back into the Vampire Chronicles!)






















- Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis, by Anne Rice (And another one!)























- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (Because, Hercule Poirot. Also, I've just learned this is being released as a movie this year!)





















- The Circle, by Dave Eggers (Yet another book coming to theaters this year, starring Emma Watson and Tom Hanks.)





















- Long Upon the Land, by Margaret Maron (I had the absolute honor of meeting Ms. Maron at
Bouchercon 2015!)





















- Live by Night, by Dennis Lehane (I'm a sucker for a good mobster story. On an unrelated note, I don't know how on earth I'm going to keep ahead of all the books becoming movies this year.)




















- Mrs. Kennedy, by Barbara Leaming (I read Leaming's biography of Marilyn Monroe several years ago, and it was absolutely amazing! I'm expecting big things from her book on Jackie Kennedy.)




















There we have it, the first ten books on my 2017 TBR list! What books are you excited to read this year?

Comments

Popular Posts