QUARTERLY GOALS: 2021-Q2

 It's that time again!

A little late for the start of the second quarter, but we're here and I have several updates. 

Review of 2021-Q1 Goals:

1) Complete the first draft of my current WIP, Hunter Moon. (This is the YA Fantasy book I outlined last summer.)

- DONE! I haven't posted about it yet, because there are some big decisions I need to make. I'll be doing a separate post about this tomorrow.

2) Plan at least one WDB post per week, through the end of the quarter.

- Done! It's felt so good being back on a regular blog schedule. 

3) Send out five interview proposals. (If you have any suggestions for writers/industry professionals I should reach out to, let me know if the comments!) 

- Mostly done. I sent out four interview proposals and am currently waiting to hear back on two of them. So, I'll give myself half a point on this one.

4) Share at least one What Am I Reading Wednesday book per month. 

- Done! Especially glad I've been able to keep this one up. I love the discussions we've been having in the Instagram comments.

5) Start sending chapters of my current WIP to beta readers.

- Not done. For two reasons: 1) My critique partner just finished going over the first draft. 2) See above note about decisions that need to be made before anyone else reads it. (There's nothing ominous here, but I do need to consider all the angles.)

That's 4.5 goals out of 5 met! Not bad at all considering my goal lists were nonexistent last year.   

*****

2021-Q2 Goals:

1) Plan at least one WDB post per week, through the end of the quarter. (I want to keep this one going!)

2) Share at least one What Am I Reading Wednesday book per month. (Another ongoing goal.)

3) Keep up the reading momentum I've started since I built my new Fantasy TBR list with your help!

4) WRITE! (I'll get more specific with this one once I've decided how to proceed with my WIP.

*****

Have you been tracking any of your goals, writing or otherwise, this year? If so, what method have you been using? 

Comments

Popular Posts