I NEED YOUR HELP: Fantasy Book Recommendations

Yesterday was a fantastic writing day for me. I utilized the 30-minute writing sprint method and wrote over 3,000 words for my current WIP! 

Despite the fact that I've dabbled in a few other genres, fantasy is where my heart and soul have set up shop. I always come back to it. The novel I currently have out on submission, Apparition, is paranormal fantasy and my current WIP is YA fantasy.

To sum up, I love fantasy

But after I finished writing yesterday, I scanned my bookshelves for something to read before bed, and realized I have barely read any new fantasy authors in the last few years. 

We all know that stress can affect everyone differently and, as a result of some major life changes, one of my coping mechanisms has been to re-read the books I already knew I loved. This got me through some challenging times, but now I see new (to me) fantasy books and authors every day in the bookstagram community. I miss the thrill of picking up a new fantasy novel and seeing what wonderful twist someone has come up with. I miss it.

Here's the part where you all come in: I need your help. 

I want everyone to give me your fantasy recommendations.

I want your top 3-5 Fantasy books from the last five years.

I want Middle Grade, YA, NA & Adult.

I want Indie & traditional authors, fairy tale retellings & gender swaps, genre crossovers & combinations, LGBTQ+, BIPOC, multiple POVs & single narrators, series & standalones - I WANT EVERYTHING!

So please, either here in the comments or on the Instagram post that will link to this one, tell me the current fantasy novels [title & author(s)] you love the most. You don't even have to tell me why they're your favorites, unless you want to. Then feel free.

I can't wait to see what everyone shares! Thank you in advance!

Comments

Popular Posts