Featured Post: It Takes A Village to Tell a Story - Lyn Fairchild Hawks

 It's been a while since we've had a guest post! 

Please join me in welcoming returning Writing Desk Blog guest, author and teacher Lyn Fairchild Hawks.

Photo provided by: Lyn Fairchild Hawks

*****

It Takes A Village to Tell a Story

Anyone who knows me well knows they might one day be asked to help me build a story. I test drive the plots of my novels in the same way I help my Success Story students test drive ideas.

That’s because no good writer ever goes it alone.

Of course there’s that tragic, time-honored image of the tortured author in her garret, all by her lonesome. There’s the vision of the mad genius with a big copyright sign hovering over every magical, individualistic idea that emerges from her head.

(Those types of writers tend to believe there are tons of new ideas under the sun and that they must hoard them.)

But every writer with a room of her own must emerge at some point and say, “Hey, does this make sense, any sense at all?”

 

...CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL POST

 

Original Post Date: June 17, 2020

Comments

Popular Posts