Featured Post: Revision Is Like a Cat - Lyn Fairchild Hawks

Hello Writing Desk Readers!

As I was working over the weekend on some minor revisions for Apparition, I happened to catch Lyn Fairchild Hawks' latest blog post on, you guessed it, revision! She really hit the nail on the head with this observation, so I thought I'd share it here.

Enjoy!

*****

Revision Is Like a Cat


I don’t want you to stress about revision.

I don’t want you to because I already do, and it’s way too much for anyone’s good.

You can come up with all the formulas and processes and formalities you like (and trust me, I’ve got a pile of Lyn’s Rules for Revision, and checklists, and rubrics), BUT you must accept, at the end of the day, that

REVISION IS LIKE A CAT.

 





Original post date: February 16, 2020

 

Comments

Popular Posts