Surprise Book Haul!

When a writer friend calls to tell you they're de-cluttering and asks if you want to pillage their collection of writing/industry related books, the answer is: Absolutely!

Some of the books I chose were craft-based, similar to Stephen King's On Writing, but others were reference books, work books (fill-in), plotting/planning books, books related to the genre I'm currently writing, etc.

The haul!

I'm going to make a list below, and I'd love your opinion if you've read any of them! Were they helpful to you as a writer? Are there any you'd suggest I read first? I'll also post an interactive poll in my InstaStory, if you'd rather give feedback that way. 

What's more, after I finish reading a few of them, I'll start giving away my favorites here on the blog!

Here we go! In no particular order:

The Grammar Devotional by Mignon Fogarty
Grammar Girl's Quick & Dirty Tips for Better Writing by Mignon Fogarty
Deep Writing by Eric Maisel
Steering the Craft by Ursula K. Le Guin
47 Mind Hacks for Writers by Karen Dimmick & Steve Dimmick
Write Your Novel From the Middle by James Scott Bell
27 Fiction Writing Blunders - And How Not To Make Them! by James Scott Bell
The Liar's Bible by Lawrence Block
How to Write a Novel in Ten Days by Dean Wesley Smith
Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey
The Writer's Guide to Psychology by Carolyn Kaufman
Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass
Ready, Set, Novel! Workbook by Chris Baty, Lindsey Grant & Tavia Stewart-Streit
Atlas Obscura by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras & Ella Morton

Comments

Popular Posts