REPOST: Getting Out of a Writing Rut (#marchlitwrit 2019 - Day 8)

Last Friday's theme for #marchlitwrit19 was:

This topic reminded me of this post from last summer, which I'd like to re-share with everyone, especially those who are new to the Writing Desk Blog!

*****
Originally posted: 24 July 2018

The other day, I sent a question out into the Instasphere: What do you (as an author) do to get yourself out of a writing funk? (Or, if you prefer, out of a writing rut? I'm using the word "funk" as more of a lack of motivation in this case.)

It's been difficult lately for me to focus on any of my projects. You might have noticed that we didn't have a blog post last week, which I do apologize for! Also, my planned blog interviews for June and July were both pushed back, which couldn't be helped but my schedule has been a bit off ever since.


I was so grateful to those of you who chimed in on Instagram! Here are some of the awesome responses I received from my fellow writers, as well as a few suggestions I've gathered from other resources:

What are your tips and tricks to getting out of that writing rut? How do you stay motivated when your WIP seems like it's at a stand-still? I'd love to know!

Comments

Popular Posts