QUARTERLY GOALS: 2019-Q1 Review & 2019-Q2 New Goals

We've come to the end of the first quarter of 2019!

Did those three months seem to fly by to anyone else? Although I'm not complaining, now that the weather is warming back up.


How did everyone else organize your goals for 2019? Are you spacing them out by quarter or with a different method?

*****

2019-Q1 Goals:

1) Finish the first draft of (revised plot line version) Tom's Story. I realized last Fall that the plot and timelines of Tom's Story needed some serious re-working. Now I'm in a much better place with it and am looking forward to (finally) getting Tom back on track.
- Almost done! I did get some major plot holes filled in thanks to the STC Experiment.

2) A minimum of one book giveaway per month. (See last week's post)
- DONE! While March's book giveaway had to be moved to April, I did give away two books in January so I'm counting this as a win!

3) Continue with regular author/publishing professional interviews. I already have a few lined up to start off the year, and I'm very excited to share them with you!
- DONE! I really do love how much this interview series has grown. 

4) Get the regular What Am I Reading Wednesday posts back up and running. At least two, but preferably more, per month. Book recommendations are always welcome!
- This one was definitely not done. Not that I haven't been reading so far this year. I hope to get the first WAIRW post of 2019 up in April!

5) Try one new experience each quarter. This isn't a writing goal, but it's one I'm looking forward to all the same. I'm using a broad definition of 'new experience' here. It could be taking an instructional class, attending a workshop or lecture, traveling to a new place, taking the opportunity to volunteer in the community, the options are endless!
- DONE! So far this year, I've tried my first paint-by-numbers kit, joined a book club, and took a mini-road trip to visit a friend a couple states away.

2019-Q2 Goals:

1) Start posting regular What Am I Reading Wednesday posts again. This one is a priority!

2) Finish the revised first draft of Tom's Story. (Continuing with the STC Experiment goes along with this one as well.)

3) Begin editing the revised first draft of Tom's Story, and start recruiting beta readers.

4) Attend at least one writing conference or workshop. Recommendations are welcome.

5) Try one new experience (writing or non-writing) each quarter. This is an ongoing goal!

*****

Four out of five goals accomplished! How did everyone else do?

Let me know!
 

Comments

Popular Posts