Writer on the Move - Guest Bloggers Wanted!

It's time for the announcement I hinted at last week!

I am a Writer on the Move once again, and will be traveling for the month of September! This is a trip that has been at least a year in the making, and my mom will be going with me. I'm also planning to take part of the time we're gone to research a new writing project! 

Where are we going? I'm keeping that a surprise for now, until we get a few more details ironed out. Anyone care to guess our destination(s)? I won't lie, it's going to be an amazing trip!


What does this mean for the Writing Desk?

While I do have a few posts already planned to go up while we're gone, I would love to take this opportunity to invite some Guest Bloggers to contribute!

I'm taking a page out of Tara Lynne Groth's book for this project. She has been featured and interviewed here on the blog, and is a fantastic writing resource! Below, I've provided a specific list of guidelines and post-types I'll be looking for. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay anyone for a guest post at this time. I hope that doesn't discourage anyone from wanting to submit.

*****

Guest Blogger Guidelines:
  • Reading Period: August 2, 2018 - August 15, 2018
  • Word Count: 400-700 words
  • Submit queries to (official.cc.writer@gmail.com) ONLY with all information in the BODY of the email. NO ATTACHMENTS.
  • Your pitch should include:
    • The topic of your post.
    • A little bit about you and why you've chosen this topic.
    • Proposed topic length.
  • Remember, this is the Writing Desk Blog, so your proposed post should fit into the categories of:
    • Writing or Publishing Advice/Experiences (both traditional and self-publishing)
    • Publishing industry news/topics/challenges
    • Interviews with other writers/publishing professionals.
    • Book reviews will be accepted for submission, but this isn't an opportunity to bash an author you don't like. Only constructive reviews will be considered. You'd better have a solid reason for why you liked or disliked the book in question. 
  • Be smart about language. I'm all for throwing out a swear word or two when it's warranted, but don't go crazy. Any posts with excessive language or content issues will not be considered. 

*****

I will notify all guest submissions that have been accepted on August 18, 2018 and guest bloggers will have until September 1, 2018 to send in their completed posts.

I realize there isn't a lot of time between each step of the process, but I look forward to reading any submissions that do come in! Even if we only end up with one or two Guest Bloggers for September, it will still be a chance to hear other writers' voices and experiences.

Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Hi I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by accident,
    while I was researching on Aol for something else, Anyways
    I am here now and would just like to say many
    thanks for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all
    at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more,
    Please do keep up the superb work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very much! I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog.

      Delete
  2. I like what you guys are usually up too. Such clever
    work and reporting! Keep up the awesome works guys
    I've included you guys to my own blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you've joined me here on the blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts