UPDATE: Short Story Publication

Good Morning Friends!

A quick update on my thriller short story that has been accepted for publication!


Let the editing begin!

I received back my first round of edits about two weeks ago, with a deadline of December 12th in place to have the manuscript back to the editor. Overall, I was pleased with the suggestions she'd made, and the story feels more polished already.

Last night, I received an update that there were only a couple other edits needed, and then the story would remain as-is until the copy editing stage early next year.

I was also able to attend a meeting with the editor, copy editor, and the representative who will be negotiating with publishers when the anthology is ready for submission. It was so exciting to listen in and really absorb the details of how this kind of book comes together. 

We don't have a definite publication date yet, but the goal is to have it out by April 2017, just in time for next year's Malice Domestic Convention in Bethesda, Maryland. If you've never heard of Malice Domestic, and are a reader or writer (or both!) of mystery fiction, you'll definitely want to check this one out! You can find more information about the 2017 convention (HERE). 

As the publication process presses on (Ah, I love the smell of alliteration in the morning!), I'll continue to post updates and make an announcement once we have a publication date and official title for the anthology!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far!

Comments

Popular Posts