What Am I Reading Wednesday (10/19/2016) --> [RE-POST]

Note to Self: If you haven't updated your blog in a while, make sure the new posts actually go through before logging off for the night. Woo!

Having said that, I am SO happy to present a much needed "What Am I Reading Wednesday" post!

In an effort to help jolt myself out of the reading/writing rut I've been in since August, I decided to pick up one of my favorite books from last year:

Title: Gone Girl

Author: Gillian Flynn

First Reading: Second time around.

Initial Impression: Is it weird that I can kind of see Amy's point?


Got a little reading done during my hair appointment.
What else are you supposed to do while stuck under a space-age hair dryer?


I'd also recently watched the movie again, which of course made me want to re-read the book. I'm seeing a pattern here, anytime they manage to make a good film adaption for a novel I always have to go back and re-read the text for comparison. (See our WAIRW post on "The Martian" as an example.)

Analyses of this particular novel have been done to death, so I won't go into a lengthy synopsis. What I will say is that I thought Flynn did an amazing job adapting her novel for the screen, and they couldn't have chosen a better actress to play Amy Elliott Dunne than Rosamund Pike!

She has got that creepy look down-pat!

If you're interested in learning more about Gillian Flynn, or her other published works, you can visit her website HERE. I haven't read any of her other books yet, but they are definitely on the TBR list!

For now, I'll leave you with what is probably my favorite video delving deeper into the psyche of Amy Elliott Dunne, narrated by the amazing Candice DeLong! (I got to hear her speak at a local university, if you don't know who she is, I'll give you a hint: Her FBI team caught the infamous "Unabomber" in the mid-late '90s!)



Comments

Popular Posts