What Am I Reading Wednesday (8/10/2016)

Good Evening, Friends!

I can't believe it's been so long since we've done a What Am I Reading Wednesday! Tonight we're going to keep things short and sweet, given that this week's book is one that's been around for a while and, even if you've never read it or watched the show, is pretty recognizable.

Title: Song of Ice & Fire - A Game of Thrones

Author: George R.R. Martin

First Reading: Yes!

Initial Impression: Definitely a different kind of read than I was expecting. 




I've been a fan of the show for a couple years now, we finally got caught up with the end of the last season. So, when I spotted the first book in the series at a local used bookstore, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to catch up on the novels!

Normally, I'm a read-first, watch-second type of person, so doing this in reverse has been interesting. I've definitely noticed some minor changes between the first book and the show, characters' starting ages and so on, but the biggest difference I've seen so far is the level of depth you get into the family dynamics that the show doesn't quite reach. 

I've heard others make this comparison, that the show has more action and the books more details into the lives of the characters. Of course, there are so many it'll probably take me a while to keep them all straight compared to their counterparts on the show. 

Now that we're back on track around here, tell me what you're reading on this fine Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular Posts