What Am I Reading Wednesday (3/30/16)

Apologies for the late post! Today has been quite adventurous!

I promise to elaborate more in the next post.

Today's "What Am I Reading Wednesday" book is:

Title: Deadly Occupation: A Michael Stoddard American Revolution Mystery

Author: Suzanne Adair

First Reading: Yes!

Initial Impression: I had no idea the British occupied parts of North Carolina for as long as they did during the Revolutionary War. 



Love the cover!

What makes this particular series unique, aside from being told from the point of view of a Revolutionary War-era special investigator (Michael Stoddard), is the fact that the protagonist is a "Redcoat". 

I've read several historical fiction novels, written by American authors, that were set during this time. Most, if not all, of them tended to be from the POV of an American Revolutionary ("rebel") character, or even a neutral party, but rarely from a member of the British forces. It's been an intriguing experience to read this type of novel from the opposite side. 

(Don't worry, I'm not going to give anything away!) 

Adair has masterfully combined  the elements of a historical novel with the twists and turns of an investigative mystery. I'm about three-quarters of the way through this first book in her series, and the next one is already in the TBR pile! 

So, what is everyone else reading this week? I love getting recommendations for new books!




**Disclaimer: The "What Am I Reading Wednesday" posts are my personal opinion and not to be taken as "professional" literary reviews. I just love to share the books I've enjoyed!**

Comments

Popular Posts