Shiny New Idea!

It happened.

I was minding my own business, trying to finish the story outline notes for TKTS Book 2, and there it was... A Shiny New Idea!

*dun dun duuuuun*

Okay, it wasn't that dramatic. 😆 But that hasn't happened to me in a long time. I'm used to little idea snippets floating by. I write them down and hope they'll be useful in the future. But to have a near fully-formed story idea pop up out of nowhere? That's a bit more rare.

Here's the thing, it's a GOOD idea. It's got the wheels turning already. But it's completely different from what I'm already working on. What's a writer to do?

Tomorrow I'll take an hour to write down as many notes as I can on the new story, whatever pops into my head. Then it's going on the back burner while I concentrate on TKTS Book 2.

How do you handle the Shiny New Ideas when they come along?

...

[Image: A close up of a table strewn with books, photos, letters, and sheet music. A pair of tortoiseshell glasses sits in the top left corner. A silver magnifying glass lays across an open book towards middle right edge.]

 

Comments

Popular Posts