The Writing Desk Blog is 6 Years Old! (Belated Blog Anniversary)

 Well, I did it again!

I was so caught up with finishing the second draft of TKTS and getting the last pages sent to my editor, that I missed my own blog anniversary. As of 21 March 2022, the Writing Desk Blog is 6 years old!

So much has happened since I started this blog:

- I got my first publishing credit with my short story 'Set Them Free, If Need Be'.

- I finished writing my first novel, Apparition, and sent it through the query process. I also learned when it was time to put a book aside and move on to the next one.

- I refined my outlining process, thanks in large part to Save the Cat! Writes a Novel, and found a writing method that works best for me. 

- I've watched my fellow writers pursue their dreams, write what they love, and finally hold those first books in their hands. And I couldn't be prouder of all of you!

- I've written the book of my heart (TKTS) and found the kinds of characters that are always going to stay with me, even when the stories are done. 

- Most of all, I've found an amazing online community of writers, creators, and readers! (And Lemons!) Without your support, especially over the last couple of years, I don't think I'd be half as confident in myself or as excited to share To Kiss the Sea as I am now! 

So, I'd like to say CHEERS to all of you, my friends! 

Tag someone in the comments you'd like to raise your glass to, no matter what's in it! Toast with hot chocolate if that's your go-to drink! 

...

[Image: Two filled, gold-rimmed champagne glasses sit on a white table scattered with loose book pages. In the background is a blurred line of white fairy lights.]

Comments

Popular Posts