BONUS POST: Little Free Library Spotting & Used Bookstore Score!

Happy Saturday! For those celebrating Memorial Day weekend, I hope your trips/gatherings are going well!

Today was an extremely productive day for me! I managed to completely finish fleshing out the outline for Part II of my novella series in-progress (still unable to share details right now due to the competition, if you'd like a little more info see this POST), and still had time to explore the historic downtown of a neighboring city.

Not only did I spot another Little Free Library:

This one even had a little mini-library for young children's books!


I also wandered into a wonderful used bookstore located on the main street, and found a copy of Neil Gaiman's "American Gods"!

Bookshop!

Why is this find exciting? I shall explain.

For me, when someone asks "What's your favorite book?", I usually don't say the same thing twice. I consider the book that I've currently read the most times as my "favorite", because it was compelling and entertaining enough to keep me coming back.

"American Gods" has held this spot more than once since I first read it in 2009 (yes, I remember the year I first read it because I borrowed it while visiting friends in Japan!), and is currently #1 again.

However, because I love this book so much, I tend to loan out my copies (yep, plural) more often than others and...some of them just never make it back home. The last one managed to get itself moved to another state altogether, and I happily say: Bon Voyage!


Hello there! Welcome to the collection, my friend.

So, don't be surprised if you see this one pop up again on a What Am I Reading Wednesday, because chances are I'll be picking it up again soon!


Comments

Popular Posts