QUARTERLY GOALS: 2019-Q1 Goals

We're in a new year, and in lieu of resolutions I've decided to renew my use of my quarterly goals system. When I was sticking to them, I was much more productive and felt more accomplished for each goal that I crossed off the list.

Normally, I like to start off these posts by going down the list of the previous quarter's goals and tallying the number I was able to complete.  However, given how hectic the end of last year was, I've decided to call 2018-Q4 a wash. Some things were done, but not to the standard that I'd consider them finished.


What method(s) do you use to set and keep your goals, dear Writing Desk Readers? Do you use a timed system like this one, or something more free-flowing?

*****

2019-Q1 Goals:

1) Finish the first draft of (revised plotline version) Tom's Story. I realized last Fall that the plot and timelines of Tom's Story needed some serious re-working. Now I'm in a much better place with it and am looking forward to (finally) getting Tom back on track.

2) A minimum of one book giveaway per month. (See last week's post)

3) Continue with regular author/publishing professional interviews. I already have a few lined up to start off the year, and I'm very excited to share them with you!

4) Get the regular What Am I Reading Wednesday posts back up and running. At least two, but preferably more, per month. Book recommendations are always welcome!

5) Try one new experience each quarter. This isn't a writing goal, but it's one I'm looking forward to all the same. I'm using a broad definition of 'new experience' here. It could be taking an instructional class, attending a workshop or lecture, traveling to a new place, taking the opportunity to volunteer in the community, the options are endless!

*****

Yes, it's a short list, but I hope to add a couple new goals as the quarter progresses.

What are your goals for the start of 2019? Let me know in the comments below here or on Instagram!

Comments

Popular Posts