The Theme for 2018 Is...

I'll be the first one to admit that, like many people, I worry about a lot of things.

I worry about my personal and professional relationships, world news, my career, my goals as a writer...It can be a long list at times. 

Of course, I don't talk much about these worries here on the The Writing Desk or social media, because when I started I wanted this blog to be a place of positivity where readers could come to escape for a while. And I want it to remain a positive place.  

With that in mind, my theme for 2018 (both for the blog and life in general) is going to simply be: Joy.

More specifically, what brings me joy? What brings you joy? What actions can we undertake to bring joy to those around us?

Taking this theme a step further, I've created a 2018 notebook. In that notebook my goal is to write down at least one thing each day that has either given me joy, or brought joy to others. It can be the smallest thing, like paying for the person behind me in line at a coffee shop, or the silly antics of my three rescue mutts. It all counts. You could say this is going to be similar to a gratitude journal.

Also, this post is not to replace my 2018 Q1 (first quarter) goals, that list is coming soon!


What about you, dear Writing Desk Readers? What tone do you want to set for yourself this year? I'd love to know!

Comments

Popular Posts