And The Winner Is...

Writing competition update! 

The finalists for the competition I entered have been announced, but unfortunately my entry wasn't chosen. While I'm disappointed, entering this particular competition was a fantastic learning experience. 

Besides that, going through this process gave me the opportunity to reach out for my first round of beta-reading. 

Writing, writing, writing...

So, now I'd love to share some information on this contest for anyone who might be interested in entering!

Sponsor: LeapFrog Press (A small press based in Fredonia, NY. They've been around since 1993!)

Contest Title: LeapFrog Press Fiction Contest

Annual Due Date: May 1st

Cost: $ (There is a small fee, but it's not bad compared to some other entry fees I've seen)

Judging Time: 2-3 months (Depending on how many entries they receive that year)


Full guidelines can be found on their website, if anyone would like any clarification of the rules just let me know!

On now to Phase Two! 

I've asked my betas to have the surveys back to me by July 14, and from there I'll be making a final edit of the first draft. Then begins the adventure of hiring a professional editor (dun dun duuuuun!). 

Has anyone else out there entered any writing competitions lately? If so, which ones? How did you do? I'd love to hear!

Comments

Popular Posts