BONUS POST: Little Free Library!

I would like to announce that my neighborhood now has a Little Free Library!

The Little Free Library movement is not new, it's actually been around since 2009 and has spread across the globe. I told myself that I was going to sponsor a LFL for our neighborhood this summer, but lo-and-behold, someone beat me to it!


Behold!

A short walk through the neighborhood, and I was soon dropping off several books from my own collection and grabbing a couple new ones to enjoy!

This is such an incredible idea. It's a way to provide books to people who may not have the available funds to purchase them often, or don't always have access to a public library. Not to mention that it provides a community building opportunity.

If you'd like more information on Little Free Libraries, or how to start one for your own community, you can find the organization's website here: https://littlefreelibrary.org/

Happy reading, everyone!




Comments

Popular Posts